General Data Privacy Statement for iconic skin GmbH
All personal data collected on our websites will only be processed in order to provide you with individual support, to send product information or to submit offers within the scope of contract initiation and processing. We do not carry out any automated decision-making, nor any profiling.
1. Contact data
The controller in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, other data protection laws valid in the Member States of the European Union and other provisions relating to data provision is:
iconic skin GmbH
T +49 821 2494 - 416
F +49 821 2494 - 311
Our data protection officers can be contacted under datenschutz[at]iconic-skin.com
2. Web server log files
Data are transferred by your web browser when you call up our websites. The data are saved in the web server’s log files.
This refers to the following data:
- The type and versions of the browser being used
- The operating system used by the accessing system
- The website used to access our website, the subpages used by a system to access our website (referrer)
- The date and time of access
- The name of the file requested
- The size of the file transmitted
- The IP address making the request
We save these data, which are then only used for the proper operation of the web server and for fault analysis or defence against attacks. No conclusions are made regarding the data subject when using the web server log data. On the contrary, the web server log data are used to ensure correct delivery of our website contents, to assure permanent functionality of our IT systems and the technology of our website and to provide the criminal prosecution authorities with the information necessary for law enforcement in the event of a cyber attack.
Art. 6 (1) 1 (f) GDPR as legal basis for processing web server log files. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes mentioned above.
3. Data collection contact form
Our website contains details so that you can contact our company quickly by electronic means and communicate directly with us. As soon as a data subject sends an e-mail or uses the contact form to contact the controller, the personal data transmitted by the data subject are saved automatically. The personal data transmitted voluntarily by a data subject to the controller are saved for the purposes of processing or for contacting the data subject. These personal data are not forwarded to third parties. The name, e-mail address and subject are sufficient for a contact message. Any other data requested are optional and are not necessary for making contact. The data subject’s data are erased at the end of the contact enquiry or once the purpose no longer applies, as long as there are no statutory retention periods. Art. 6 (1) 1 (f) GDPR is the legal basis in this context. Our legitimate interest follows from the data collection purposes mentioned above.
4. Online Applications
Processing your application entails collecting, storing and using your personal data. Your personal data are used only for handling your application. Your personal data are forwarded only to the departments responsible for the specific application process and are not sent to other companies or third parties.
If you have consented to being included in our applicants pool, we shall use your data according to your consent in order to contact you at a later date and resume the application process should you be considered for another post. Your data stored in the applicants pool may be forwarded to the following companies in the corporate group: seele companies worldwide, iconic skin GmbH.
Retention period for applications
We store the data in your application for the duration of the application process. After the end of the application process, we erase the data of your online application depending on the legal situation prevailing at the respective location in so far as your application was unsuccessful. This does not apply if erasing the data is proscribed by any statutory regulations.
If you are included in our applicants pool, we store your data until you withdraw your consent. If your application is successful, your application data will be transferred to your personnel file in compliance with legal permissibility. The legal basis for processing your application data is given by EU-GDPR, art. 6, para. 1, 1(a), and EU-GDPR, art. 6, para. 1, 1(b).
5. Download portal
Our download portal gives you access to plans and drawings that can be downloaded. In addition, you can set up a personal list of your downloads and keep track of them.
If you wish to use our download portal, you must register by providing us with your name, your e-mail address, your company name and the country in which your company is located; you can choose your own password and user name. You must provide the above information; any further information you provide is voluntary.
We will check your application after we receive the completed registration form. We reserve the right to refuse competitors access to our download portal. Once we have approved your registration, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from us. We use the so-called double-opt-in method for registration, i.e. your registration is not completed until you have confirmed your registration request by clicking on the link included in the confirmation e-mail. If you do not confirm your registration request within seven days, your application is automatically deleted from our database.
When using our portal, we store the data you provide until you finally erase your portal access. You can manage and amend all data in the secure portal area. You can even erase your portal access yourself (or allow us to do it for you).
We use your data to arrange for personalised, similar offers to be sent to you about once or twice a year per e-mail. You can object to the use of your data for advertising and marketing purposes at any time. To do this, send your objection to email@example.com or to the iconic skin address given above.
GDPR Art. 6, para. 1, 1(f) is the legal basis for the processing of data within the scope of the download portal. Our legitimate interests are direct marketing, the management of customer relations and the optimisation of our offers.
6. Transfer to third parties
A transfer of personal data to third parties, if at all, takes place only in the cases explicitly mentioned in this data protection declaration. These cases are, e.g. when registering for the mailing list or to ship goods by a service provider.
7. Rights of data subjects
- Right to information: You have the right to be informed at any time about your personal data saved by us.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to demand immediate rectification of any incorrect personal data concerning you. Taking into account the purposes of the processing, you also have the right to demand that incomplete personal data are completed.
- Right to erasure: You have the right to demand immediate erasure of personal data concerning you unless proscribed by statutory retention obligations or other justified reasons.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to demand restriction of the processing of your personal data under certain circumstances.
- Right to object: You have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data concerning you. In the case of objection, we will no longer use the data unless we demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or the processing serves for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
- Right to data portability: You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you, which you have made available to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You also have the right that those data be transmitted directly from us to another provider, under certain conditions.
8. Right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw consent given to the processing of your personal data at any time. This does not affect the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Please submit your withdrawal to info[at]iconic-skin.com.
9. Right to lodge a compliant with a supervisory authority
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authorities at any time.
A cookie consists of a key/value pair. The key is the name of the cookie and the value is the text-based content of the cookie. Depending on the browser, the cookie is kept as a small text file or in a browser database on your PC. The purpose of cookies is, for example, to control the link while you visit a website. At the same time, the cookies provide us with information that help us to optimise our websites in line with visitor needs.
This website uses the following types of cookie:
- Transient cookies are erased automatically when you close the browser. Session cookies in particular are included in this category. Session cookies save a so-called session ID for allocating various browser enquiries to the joint session. It is thus possible to recognise your computer again when you return to our website. Session cookies are erased when you log off or close the browser.
- Persistent cookies are automatically erased after a defined period of time, which can differ depending on the cookie. You can erase the cookies at any time in your browser’s security settings.
Our cookies contain only technical information and no personal data. However, you can still disable the saving of our cookies in your browser, or adjust your browser to inform you as soon as cookies are transmitted. Please note that parts of our website might possibly not work correctly or not work at all without Cookies.
11. Links to social media websites
Our website offers you links to our corporate pages on the social networks Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Xing. We use links to protect your data. Each website is shown just as a icon that contains a link to the corresponding website. Clicking on the icon forwards you to the respective services of the providers. Your data are not sent to the respective services until this point in time. If you do not click on the icon, there will not be any exchange at all between you and the above social networks.
12. Visitor statistics with Google Analytics
In addition, you can prevent registration of the data generated by the cookie regarding your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of such data by Google by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available under the following link. The current link is tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Alternatively, and in particular when using browsers on mobile devices, in future you can prevent the collection of data by this website via Google Analytics when using this browser by setting an opt-out cookie. Click here to deactivate Google Analytics. If you delete the opt-out cookie, you need to click on this link again in order to prevent the collection of data by this website via Google Analytics when using this browser.
On this website the Google tracking code has been modified using the _anonymizeIp() method to anonymise IP addresses. As a result, the IP addresses are only used in an abbreviated form in order to eliminate direct reference to persons. Any personal reference to data collected about you is thus eliminated straightaway and the personal data are erased immediately.
We use Google Analytics to analyse the use of our website so that regular improvements can be made. The corresponding statistics let us improve our service and make it more interesting for you as a user. For any exceptional cases where personal data have been transmitted to the USA, Google subscribes to the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. Art. 6 (1) 1 (f) GDPR is the legal basis for using Google Analytics.